Guilt Free Banana Bread Pleasures!
Would you believe it if I told you that you can have your banana cake and eat it too! Well, with this fabulous banana bread recipe that is exactly what you can do. It’s not only sugar free but this banana bread is also free from butter AND oil. As a replacement of the sugar, agave nectar makes an appearance and we opt the butter out of the equation as well as the oil and replace them with yogurt and grated fresh pineapple.
Easy Banana Pineapple and Almond Bread
Not only is this banana bread delicious and easy to make, but it remains moist as well. Banana bread is a great treat to send to school with the little ones and just to spoil them a bit more, why not make them into fun shapes as well? I love my BakewaresBest silicone moulds, which leaves the banana bread with a lovely shine and the shapes remain intact and perfectly formed once the bread is removed from the moulds. Take a look at the picture above and know why I’ve fallen head over heels for silicone moulds, and that’s not even mentioning how easy they are to store, clean and even travel with!
I made a ‘grown ups’ style loaf, a couple of stars and a gingerbread person for the school age in the household who were most grateful and couldn’t wait to take them to school the next day. I plan on taking an extra large banana bread slice with me to the office tomorrow for some guilt free Monday morning munching.
Banana Pineapple and Almond Bread Recipe
4 very ripe large bananas ~ mashed well with a fork
125mls/ 1/2 cup of agave nectar
6 Tbsp unsweetened yogurt
6 Tbsp fresh grated pineapple and its juice
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp milk ~ boiling
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup of whole almonds ~ roughly chopped
2 cups of cake/pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt flakes ~ coarsely ground
- Preheat the oven on fan cooking at 350F/180C. As this banana bread recipe doesn’t require any creaming of butter and sugar it’s nice and fast so the sooner you the get the oven heating the quicker you can cook the banana bread!
- Into a large bowl mix together the banana and the agave nectar until well combined
- Add the yogurt, pineapple and eggs and continue stirring until the mixture has come together evenly
- Mix the boiling milk with the baking soda and add to the wet ingredients and combine well.
- Mix through the almonds and sift on the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a large wooden spoon, gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the banana bread is well mixed in.
- Pour the banana bread mix into your molds and place in the oven. Remember that if your using silicone molds, this banana bread recipe is even MORE healthy as you don’t have to butter or grease silicone molds! If you are using metal molds make sure you grease the entire surface of the tins, paying special attention to the corners which is where the bread tends to stick.
- Bake the banana bread mixture in the oven for 45 minutes for a large loaf or 20-25 minutes for small breads or shapes. The best way to tell if your banana bread is done is to insert a skewer into the center of the bread. If the skewer comes out clean the bread is ready.
- Allow to cool slightly on a wire rack before peeling back the silicone mold to reveal your gorgeous banana bread.